Established Member.. pa11264i
Established Member..

Unable to approve

Hi,

I am getting Service catalog request in my inbox based on the Service catalog - Approval roles and approval activities. However, I am unable to approve the request. It says: "You may not approve for any of the pending approval groups.

Please suggest where can I set the rights to resolve this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Valadares85
New Member.

Re: Unable to approve

Hi,

You should check in some of these places: user rules, workflow rules, approval groups and security role.

In these places are where you need usually do some things

Good luck.

0 Likes
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Check the following.

Just my quick memory in terms of that specific error "You may not approve for any of the pending approval groups." Hope this will help.

1. Catalog item approvals are defined in Catalog item Approval tab. Approvals are the ones that is defined first in the approval definition tables. And so it is defined manually, means you create Approval name and manually enters the name of the approver(s).

2. User login is strictly based from operator record "login name".

3. check the operator name(name) and the ticket approver(current.pending.groups) found in approval table(db>approval) of the ticket. Both should be equal and is case sensitive.

operator name: Abc.DEF & current.pending.groups:Abc.Def <<< Approval error

operator name: Abc.DEFcurrent.pending.groups:Abc.DEF <<< Approval is good.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. abhin88 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Check in the User role for the particular module and check "Can Approve" Checkbox.!

-AB

Kindly assign kudos if the post is helpful!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.