Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to close a CR in Service Center - The record being added contains a duplicate key.

Hi,

My company uses Peregrine Service Center (v5) and we have a problem closing a specific CR record. When we try to close it we receive the following error message:

file:(cm3rpage) key:(header,number=109760,header,page=6) (cm3.add.page,add.page)
The record being added contains a duplicate key (cm3.add.page,add.page)

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I've checked the scadmin.cm3rpagem1 table and can't see anything out of the ordinary for the specific CR number.

Thanks so much in advance for any ideas \ suggestions anyone has.

Phil

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Is it specific to particular CR ?
Issue is because of page file, you may try to disable the page file from cm3r object record and then close CR. After one successful transaction you may enable the page table.

Seems that cm3rpage table has some issue while adding new records. This table used to save a copy of change record every time CR is updated. It can also controlled from respective phase.

After making change in object record you have to relogin.

hth,
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Piku,

Yes this is specific to a particular CR.

Please can you explain further how I would go about disabling the page file from cm3r object record? Would I do this directly in the SQL database or would it be done in the Service Center UI maybe?

Thank you very much in advance, this info could be very useful!

Phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Open the phase definition (change management - > Change phase) in which change is right now, there in 'Definition' tab there is field called 'pages' at right hand side.
Here put the false and save it.

Then open CR and try to close the CR.

Ensure backup of expressions there and enable after completing the activity. This change will apply to all the user logged in at that time.

hth,
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Piku,

Thanks very much for your suggestion, that is very useful.

Just so we understand the potential risk of doing this, please can you explain further about 'paging' in this context? I'm guessing it's not talking about pagefiles / paging memory to disk?

Is 'Paging' a process that happens in the Service Center database maybe?

I guess we have paging enabled by default so just trying to work out the risk of temporarily disabling this.

Many Thanks,

Phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Here paging is not referring to OS level Memory paging for Virtual memory.
It is just SM application paging, SM cannot control the OS paging process or configuration.

Try as per above post.
Open the phase definition (change management - > Change phase) in which change is right now, there in 'Definition' tab there is field called 'pages' at right hand side.
Here put the false and save it.

Then open CR and try to close the CR.

Ensure backup of expressions there in page fields and enable it after completing the activity. This change will apply to all the users logged in at that time

It don’t have any adverse effect and will miss the one record in page table if disabled. It seems you are not using it too.

Paging:
SM is really adds a new record to the cm3rpage table (OOB otherwise as pre cm3r object reord) when update and delete operations performed. It stores a copy of the entire record each time it is updated.
When you close record, a page can be added to the file with a status of closed.

Hth,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.