Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Update CI data after closing the incident

Hello, 

I added a field contaiing the quantity of the item in CM , once an incident is processed and the quantity of that item is decreased how can i update the quantity of that item upon the processing of the incident .

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Update CI data after closing the incident

Triggers for CM for adding record (if CH contain incident NUMBER)

or if relaition between incident and CH contain SCRELAITION then

Triggers for SCRELATION table for adding record (Source = incident number Target=CH number)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Hello, 

Thank you, actually i want to update the CI details in configuration management , i tried to find a post back link but not luck 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You want increase the counter in CI if incident for this CI closed ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

yes when the incident is closed or approved i want to decrease the quantity fried in the configuration item record

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So it's easy to do.

Use TRIGGERS for update Icidents.

Check in trigger: if relaited CI is not null and status changed and new status Resolved\Closed then add to CI field 1.

(or you need exact script list ?)

Highlighted
Contributor..

Thank you so much but can you please give me detailed steps on how to do it , where is the trigger added , also i won't decrease by 1 i will decrease by a value i have on the incident record .

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

type triggers in command line in SM.

Use available or make new one and name it for example: "Iana..a.u.incident"  (name contain info that After Update trigger) - it's just a name, so you should select in "trigger type" field value 4 and table name in field "table name"

trigger work with selected table (but you can use query to select other tables). Also you can use call from trigger to script library to use scripts.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.