Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Update an existing form to add a new field

Jump to solution

Hi All,

New to SM, 

I need to update an existing form in SM to add a new field to contain a url.

Confused with the input of the existing text fields of the form. Is it just a variable or is this any function/script invoke . Can anyone please help how to add a new field to the existing form.

For example .I want to add a new text field name link , can I give the input as $RD.Attach.link ,after i have created the field in database records.

text_field_props.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Update an existing form to add a new field

Jump to solution

The $ character at the beginning of the field name indicates that it is a temporary variable (used to operate with this value whithout saving it and while this form open)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The $ character at the beginning of the field name indicates that it is a temporary variable (used to operate with this value whithout saving it and while this form open)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

To add an url in a form no need to created a new field in DBDICT rather than adding a text field add a label and put the url in "caption".

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.