Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Update from 9.34 pd4 to 9.41 codless

Jump to solution

Hello, i´m trying to update my Service Manager from 9.34 to 9.41. I have some doubts about it.

Are below steps correct?

1. Do a backup of 9.34 pd4 enviroment
  2. Install 9.41 server and client. When i install the server, i have to join 9.41 codless server with the database of the 9.34 pd4 enviroment?
  3. Continue with the manual from chapter 4 step 2?
  4. When i finish the manual, should i install "HPSM_00743_Service Manager 9.41.0020 - Applications"? or exist other way to update the applications?
  5. And then will i finish the upgrade or i need something more?

Am i right? Because i don´t know when i should join the old database with 9.41 codless server, and when upgrade the application

manual: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01824178/SM930PD_SM941_upgrade.pdf?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_SSO_PRO_HPE.

Thanks so much. Matias Romero.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Update from 9.34 pd4 to 9.41 codless

Jump to solution

Hi,

are the same steps you are following right now, you can still follow the guide.

To not upgrade a OOB environment, in the step you need to migrate your customizations use utility upgrade tool. Is step 4.

here the guide:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01824722

To a correct upgrade, my suggestion is from 9.34 go to 9.40 and them 9.41

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Matias,

hope you are doing fine.

in my personal opinion, those are exactly the steps you need to follow, BUT when you try to do an OOB upgrade. My suggestion specificly on step 4, if you just apply applications you must lose your customizations, that's why you should use "Upgrade Utility" tool, that is how you can keep all your customizations and migrate them to 9.41.

Due the database, in the process always is use the same database, just make sure you did a backup also.

Carlos Villalobos R
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

So, which are the steps to do a not OOB upgrade? what way of upgrade do you reccomend me? 

Thank for answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

are the same steps you are following right now, you can still follow the guide.

To not upgrade a OOB environment, in the step you need to migrate your customizations use utility upgrade tool. Is step 4.

here the guide:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01824722

To a correct upgrade, my suggestion is from 9.34 go to 9.40 and them 9.41

Carlos Villalobos R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
  1. Do a backup of 9.34 pd4 enviroment >> Correct.
  2. Install 9.41 server and client. When i install the server, i have to join 9.41 codless server with the database of the 9.34 pd4 enviroment? >> Correct. Connect 9.41 server (better to apply P4 patch) to your 9.34 pd4 database.
  3. Continue with the manual from chapter 4 step 2? >> Correct. Otherwise, you will encounter issue when you do test.
  4. When i finish the manual, should i install "HPSM_00743_Service Manager 9.41.0020 - Applications"? or exist other way to update the applications? >> No, you should not use it. "HPSM_00743_Service Manager 9.41.0020 - Applications" is for upgrading applications from 9.40 to 9.41.
  5. And then will i finish the upgrade or i need something more? >> Correct. I understand the upgrade guide has long pages, but I guess you will know more detail if you can read the upgrade guide especially chapter 4 more carefully 🙂

And, please just ask HPE software support for help if you find any necessary.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

To a correct upgrade, my suggestion is from 9.34 go to 9.40 and them 9.41.

>> The best practice is to upgrade 9.34 pd4 directly to 9.41 codeless, which saves much effort on additional upgrade.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Frds,

I am upgrading from 9.30 to 9.40.

Please send me correct link to download 9.40 binary or media??

How to use upgrade utility when I have this binary??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jayant,

hope you are doing well.

Please take a look on this link:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/KM01384297?lang=es&cc=es&hpappid=202392_OSP_PRO_HPE

you can find everything you need under that link.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.