Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Update restriction to some group/operator and allow full access to some group/operators

Hi Experts,

I am working on Service Manager 9.51 codeless.

1) There is central helpdesk group who must have view/update/resolve SD/RF/CR/Problem/Incident tickets raised across organization irrelavant of its assigned to them or not.
2) There is support or domain expert group (such as Database, Network, HelpDesk Support and Security) who must have view access to all SD/RF/Incident tickets raised across organization however must have access to update/resolve SD/RF/Incident tickets which are assigned to them/there group only. So somehow we need to restrict such operators from updating the tickets that are not assigned to them/there groups.

Is there any way, Please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Update restriction to some group/operator and allow full access to some group/operators

There are probably a few ways you can do this:

1)  On the display screen, you might be able set the condition to true in the I/O field only if the team is allowed to work the ticket and false if it can only be viewed.

2)  You could set the visibility condition to true of the Save, Save/OK, Resolve, Close display options based on whether the team can work the ticket or false if it can only be viewed.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Update restriction to some group/operator and allow full access to some group/operators

Thanks TomPowe,

1)  On the display screen, you might be able set the condition to true in the I/O field only if the team is allowed to work the ticket and false if it can only be viewed.

How can and whats condition we set to true for one group and false for another group. Can you pls share more details on this.

2)  You could set the visibility condition to true of the Save, Save/OK, Resolve, Close display options based on whether the team can work the ticket or false if it can only be viewed.

Where need to put visibility condition i.e. display option or display screen? Also can u share mor details how and what condition need to set 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In the I/O field, keep whatever is there and add:   and index("<put group name here", $lo.pm.assignments)>0     This will make that record act normal for any user in that group and it'll be read-only for everyone else.  

Try this.  Option #2 is more work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.