Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Updating Activity History in Incident Ticket

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

In a particular incident ticket, when priority is changed, in activity history it only shows a message "Priority changed from previous value". It should show What was the previous value and what is the new value?

How can I do that? Please give your valuable inputs.

Please help.

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Vadim,

I did the same, but its not working. One thing, if I add problem.status in $L.file in the description part, then where can I write my custom message?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

In Service Manager command line type db and click on search.

In new opened window search for the table activityactions. Search for the one with name IM Update.

There Below are listed the activities on which something is recorded with conditions and text which actually is recorded.
In the activity for Priority recording you must add to description part  problem.status in $L.file.

Check the already configured actions and make you modification based on them.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Vadim,

I did the same, but its not working. One thing, if I add problem.status in $L.file in the description part, then where can I write my custom message?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

In the desription part itself. It will be something like

{"Status of Incident was changed from "+problem.status in$L.file.save+" to "+problem.status in $L.file}

OOB example - {"Reassignment from "+nullsub(assignment in $L.file.save,"NONE")+" to "+assignment in $L.file}

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Vadim,

Thank you so much!!! It is resolved now. Thanks a ton for helping me.

Good Day!!!

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
For someone in the future looking at this topic, I have found that this works for plain variables, but seems to have problems when the field is an array. For example, the description field I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Instead, I just have an entry I generate that says "description has changed".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello,I have not tryed but it might work with it as with array.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Activity and Array Fields

To add the new version of an array and the previous version of the array to the activity log:

{"The Description field was changed TO:", "" } + descriptionField in $L.file + {"", "FROM", ""} + descriptionField in $L.file.save

Activity and Datetime Fields

When including datatime fieds in Activity tracking, you need to convert the datetime field to a string to include it in the activity text:

{"Scheduled Start was changed to "  + str(startTime in $L.file) +" from " + str(startTime in $L.file.save)} 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.