Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Updating Incidents by email

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using SM 9.63.  Whenever an incident is created the person whom the incident is assigned to receives an email.

Now when the assignee is done with the incident and he can't get back to his desk to close the incident he wants to reply back on this email and setting something for example in the body email like "Resovled" and the system should set this incident to resolved.

When I was trying to configure the integration manager node for smart email the options I am getting is create interaction or create incident, there is no option for updating a particular incident.  Can someone point me to the idea to get this done.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Updating Incidents by email

Jump to solution

There are HTML templates that contains buttons in the email body. E.g. the HTML template sd.registered.for.smart.email contains the buttons Mark as Solved and Add a Comment. When the user click the button a email reply is created that the user can type a comment in. When that email reply is sent to SM the users comment is pushed into the interaction. Also if the user click Mark as Solved, the interaction record is closed.

sd.steamlined.open.for.smart.email.png

For incidents there is a HTML template called IM.resolution.with.action you can use with SmartEmail:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Updating Incidents by email

Jump to solution

There are HTML templates that contains buttons in the email body. E.g. the HTML template sd.registered.for.smart.email contains the buttons Mark as Solved and Add a Comment. When the user click the button a email reply is created that the user can type a comment in. When that email reply is sent to SM the users comment is pushed into the interaction. Also if the user click Mark as Solved, the interaction record is closed.

sd.steamlined.open.for.smart.email.png

For incidents there is a HTML template called IM.resolution.with.action you can use with SmartEmail:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.