Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Upgrade Path 9.35 PD2 to 9.5x codeless

Hello,

as per documentation, there is no direct upgrade path, just a manual re implementation. Is this true or did i get it wrong?

If you plan to use smart analytics for the new system, it would make any sense to consider a upgrade instead a new installation? Given the fact, just change management is already in PD , you need to re implement all other modules (SD/IM/PM)

Would it make any sense to go to 9.5x in a first step and later on do the smart analytics ?

Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to challenge my recommandation, which is "just start from OOB" , because from 9.35 PD2 to 9.5x with smart analytics it doesn´t make sense to look for another way

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

yes, i did read. This covers a part of my question, but is also a type of misleading in reality. If you upgrade a customized system, you will upgrade the application, but how about the changes? Means, all the old customizations are gone and needs to be manually rebuild from OOB. So what´s the usecase for an upgrade instead an new installation if you start from a old System without PD CPx? Second part was about smart analytics, here it becomes more interesteing. For smart analytics you need to enable "streamlined forms", again, whats the usecase to upgrade if you loose all old customizations through this path?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.