Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Upgrade SM 9.20 To 9.3 or 9.4

Hi Experts,

I am looking to upgrade SM 9.20 to 9.30 or 9.40 asap so I need to your valuable inputs and help.

Setup as per below.

SM Application  RTE: 9.20 & Tomcat 5.5 on same server

Application OS: Windows 2003 R2 Enterprises X64

Application DB: MS SQL 2008 

Application DB OS: Windows 2003 R2 Enterprises X64

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Upgrade SM 9.20 To 9.3 or 9.4

Hello Mukesh,

There is different SM 9.3x and 9.4x versions. To which version exactly you want to upgrade? However as a starting point please take a look at the Support Matrix and the Release notes of SM 9.40.

In addition i can say that you have to upgrade everything: Windows Server, Tomcat, Database as well.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

I am looking to upgrade 9.41 version from 9.20.

i have gone through with 9.40 compability guide. There clearly mentioned to OS Win 2008 supported.

But my environment Win 2003 OS we are using. Now looking help on point to point upgrade. 

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Mukesh,

You have to upgrade your environment because Win 2003 OS is not supported with SM 9.41.

You have these two options:

Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012

Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi @mukesh1985,

We have done it. We are in the 9.35 version and we are preparing to go to 9.41.

You should check on Software Support HPE about it. There are important informations there.

Infact, you may not go to 9.4x from 9.2x without going through 9.35. Why? 9.4x has process designer mode and 9.2 not.(It was the trainer from HP said).

So you must upgrade to 9.30 first and apply the patch for 9.35 after. Make sure that you merged all new files, for examplos new ocmq categoria(NEW935xxxx), new displayoptions(NEW935xxxx), etc., before to upgrade to 9.4x.

The 9.40 is only codeless and 9.41 is hybrid. You will be choose if you want to keep om classic mode or codeless mode.

PS: We will go to codeless mode therefore we must move to process designer all our development such as format controls. 

If I have helped, give me a kudo!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.