matiasromero Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Upgrade applications from 9.34 to 9.35

Hi experts, I have hpsm 9.34 and I want to upgrade to 9.35. My doubt is if I have to upgrade the applications or only the server and client. In the case that I should upgrade de application what is the guide?, because I found the guide for 7.0x, 7.1x and 9.2x but bot for 9.3x.
Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrade applications from 9.34 to 9.35

Hi Matias, SM is designed in such a way that you can do either. Binary Upgrade the client, server and web tier only or both (binary upgrade and application upgrade). Application upgrade provides the benefit of changes to the actual SM code and new fields. Binary upgrade gives you benefits of new tech that SM relys on, in a short time (hours or days). Application upgrade can take weeks or months depending on how much customisation you have done, as you need to merge the customisation with the new SM code changes. See KM1000810 for the benefit of binary upgrade. See KM0129456 and look application patch manager on how to application upgrade. Also look for SM 9.35 release notes as it will help you do either.
0 Likes
matiasromero Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

thanks for your answer. Maybe I explained bad, I have already updated the server and client from 9.34 to 9.35, but I don't know if exists an applications update because I only found the guide for 7.0x, 7.1x and 9.2x but not for 9.3x. And I don't know if it's due to I shouldn´t update the applications or the guide is in other place. I got installed the binarys of the 9.35.

To sum up, if I should update the application from 9.34 to 9.35, where is the guide?.

Respect to KM, KM1000810 is for 9.20 and I couldn't find KM0129456.

Thanks.

0 Likes
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sorry. Typo, dropped a 1 from the end of https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01294561 That's the link to the SM Document Matrix for 9.3x and higher. You will find any doc from there. You can ignore KM1000810 as that was to telll you why you just update your binary in general. It's good that you updated the binary. You can ignore that and it's also a prerequisite to application upgrade.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.