Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Upgrade assistance of SMA-SM 2018.8 to 2019.2

Hi All,

We wanted to upgrade our service Portal from 2018.8 to 2019.2 then 2019.5

We are using service Manager 9.52 and service portal 2018.8

What I understood is upgrade is not available, instead we have to uninstall 2018.8 and install 2019.2 which is portal component of SMAX, does this mean that Portal will not host smart Analytics since it is asked to move the Smart Analytics to  Service Manager? has anyone done this activity?

Can I export and import the Complete configuration from 2018.8 to 2019.02?

Regards,

Madhan

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello,

You cannot use the SMA upgrade solution to upgrade from SMA-SM 2018.08 to this release. You must install SMA 2019.02 first, and then migrate your SMA-SM configurations to this release. For details, click the link below:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_SM:2019.02/Upgrade

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Robcord,
Thanks for your response, I went through the document, is their any way we can have smart analytics embedded in SMAX service portal(2019.02)?
Moving Smart Analytics on HA requires huge hardware resource, trying to find a solution for that.

Regards,
Madhan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.