Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Upgrade to 9.41 Hybrid path

Jump to solution

I have 9.31.3009 using Windows client exclusively.

Can I load PDCP 9.30.3 (Pack 3) as a step to upgrading to 9.41 Hybrid?

What will I need to change?

Can I keep my format controls and display options for the modules included in Pack 3 which I believe are Knowledge Mgmt, Service Level Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Problem Level Mgmt, Incident Mgmt and Service Desk. Did I miss any? Are there any others? 🙂

Thanks Patrick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade to 9.41 Hybrid path

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Can I load PDCP 9.30.2 (Pack 3) as a step to upgrading to 9.41 Hybrid?

Yes, you MUST load PDCP, but it is PDCP 9.30.2, not 9.30.3. So your upgrade path is: 9.3x -> 9.3x + PDCP 9.30.2 -> 9.41 Hybrid.

Note: I modified in your question "PDCP 9.30.3" to "PDCP 9.30.2".

>>>>>>

Process Designer Content Pack = PDCP

PDCP 9.30.2 = PDCP 3

PDCP 9.30.3 = PDCP 4

Only PDCP 3 customers can upgrade to 9.41 Hybrid, in this mode, you still can keep legacy formatctrl but it is highly recommended to migrate them to ruleset in order to get benefit from more features introduced by Process Designer.

Only PDCP 4 customers can upgrade to 9.41 Codeless.

Pitt,

SM RnD Upgrade Factory

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Maybe I am confused on what we are calling PACK 3 & 4

Does Process Designer Content Pack 9.30.2  = PDCP3 ? (as seems to have been posted several times here today)

Is Process Designer 9.30.2 what I need to get to 9.41 Hybrid?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hi Patrick,

with PDCP4 (9.30.3) you can upgrade to codeless and with PDCP3(9.30.2) you can upgrade to hybrid. If you chose PDCP during hybrid migration you can't use legacy way of doing things. You will have to use workflows. This PDCP3 is for change and PDCP4 is for change and helpdesk. IThere is also hybrid guide for your reference.

If I have not answered your question please let me know.

Thanks,

Rama

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Can I load PDCP 9.30.2 (Pack 3) as a step to upgrading to 9.41 Hybrid?

Yes, you MUST load PDCP, but it is PDCP 9.30.2, not 9.30.3. So your upgrade path is: 9.3x -> 9.3x + PDCP 9.30.2 -> 9.41 Hybrid.

Note: I modified in your question "PDCP 9.30.3" to "PDCP 9.30.2".

>>>>>>

Process Designer Content Pack = PDCP

PDCP 9.30.2 = PDCP 3

PDCP 9.30.3 = PDCP 4

Only PDCP 3 customers can upgrade to 9.41 Hybrid, in this mode, you still can keep legacy formatctrl but it is highly recommended to migrate them to ruleset in order to get benefit from more features introduced by Process Designer.

Only PDCP 4 customers can upgrade to 9.41 Codeless.

Pitt,

SM RnD Upgrade Factory

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.