Ahmed Youniss Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Urgent help please .. HPSM catalog and Knowledge base

Hello all ..
I'm new in HPSM deployment with ITIL bsckground and need your help please of steps of how to do the following..
* add new service catalog for a request e.g. VPN request with all workflow fields and user self-service interface ..
* new Knowledge base article with workflow and incident correlation ..
Your help is highly appreciated ..
0 Likes
9 Replies
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Urgent help please .. HPSM catalog and Knowledge base

Kindly check the help file or download from what version you have, then navigate to something like below.

Add a Service Catalog item

Service Catalogs > Service Catalog management > Service Catalog items and bundles > Add a Service Catalog item 
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I already did catalog item ... but i need to know how a request e.g. "vpn request" can be done and simulated end to end including email notifications.. approvals..fields and self-service interface test ..is there any document by the full steps or any help .
Thanks for fast reply .
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Your inquiry for me is generic in the sense that those you've ask are and should work normally from what is in OOB . In terms of simulation and step by step guide, I don't have any idea and hope someone could provide here. If its specific inquiry from those multiple steps such as, why approval is not working?  why is notification not firing? and how to customized approvals or Catalog items details etc. Surely, by one way or another, someone could help here or you may exactly found the solution from previous post and inquiry.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Again Sandy !
To make it clear ,, I need to make a ticket request and fullfillment simulation .. where the user will open vpn request ,It will go for a group which wil approve to go for another team who will fullfill and close .
I have created assignment groups and operators within the group ,, I have careted a line item called "VPN request " and selected the connector "open new request "
Now , where the user will find "VPN request" to select ?
How this new request will go for this Assignment groups I have created  ..
How I made E-Mail notifications for the user after approval .
I'm talking about how the work flow will go . I hope it's clear now .

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Now , where the user will find "VPN request" to select ?

>> By user selecting this Catalog intended for VPN request, why the need to select? But if in any case you need more details from user, explore the user option tab of the catalog item. From there you can have checkboxes, text, multitext, radio button or dropdowns.

How this new request will go for this Assignment groups I have created  ..

>> Is this Catalog item will raise an Interaction and a Quote? Say you have Interaction that goes to Service Desk always and you want Quote ticket to route to Assignment group?

How I made E-Mail notifications for the user after approval .

>> Notifications are defined in Notification Table and or Workflow and ruleset if you have Process designer.
I'm talking about how the workflow will go . I hope it's clear now.

>> Have this simulation and testing outside your Prod Environment. For more testing opportunity.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

>> Is this Catalog item will raise an Interaction and a Quote? Say you have Interaction that goes to Service Desk always and you want Quote ticket to route to Assignment group?
Yes ,How this can be done . How the Service Catalog will raise an inter action that will go for assignment group .
In short .. I need to know the highlights for simulatong a ticket life cycle from opening tell closing .for VPN request as example .
I feel that I miss something .or somethings 🙂 .

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Do you have process designer? If yes a simple ruleset assigned to Interaction workflow can be created to assign the ticket assignment group automatically. Currently? how is the behavior when you raised a ticket? Is the assignment group blank?  Give a scenario of your testing and where are stalled

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hello Sandy ..
Actually I'm in a testing state for just learning ,doing a simulation from scratch for a ticket or a request lifecycle .
I was asking for the steps for doing that .
Thanks Sandy  for your info , I will try another way or contact someone directly that have a hands-on experience .

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

My fault for assuming you are an admin of HPSM trying to solve some Admin level issues. Yes go ahead and contact one of the User level that could walk you through. Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.