Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Usage Type in Data Policy to Show Category, Sub Category and Area in Templates

Jump to solution

What should be the usage type for field Category, Sub Category, Area to include these fields in Templates?

Actually I created a Template by changing usage type of Category, Sub Category and Area from System to Null and I'm successfull in showing these fields in created Template and then i set the default values for that fields. and after that i Changed the Usage Type from Null to System and now when i'm trying to use that template the default values i set for category, Subcategroy, Area changes as it takes the defalut categery selected and Sub Category and Area will be cleared and if i change usage type from system to null in data policy, it works fine, So I just want to know what should be the usage type for field Category, Sub Category, Area to display the defualt set values for these field in Templates?

and if some one  explains more about Usage Types in Data Policy, it would be more helpfull , I go through all the help files and forum but i didn't find any thread related to Usage Types in Data Policy, so Please contrbute to this thread  and discuss more about usage types in Data Policy like System , Data , Application , Depricated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Sahil,

hope you are doing well.

The Usage Type column determines a field's availability for defining views, defining templates, mass functions, and smart actions in Service Manager.

Solution

"Deprecated" means the field will NOT be available for defining views, defining templates, mass functions, and smart actions.

Generally, deprecated  also indicates the field may have been used in older versions and is now obsolete. It's still there for upgrades, however, since it is no-longer used, it is excluded from views etc. by using this usage type.

• "System" means the field will only be available for defining views.
  • "Application" or "Data" means the field is not restricted. There is no functional difference between these two values (informational only).

The Usage Type column (sysFieldType field) in Data Policy should be set to "Data" or "Application" for any custom fields that will be used with Views, Templates, mass functions, or smart actions.

Example: Field "Description" (fieldname: description) should be available in "Modify Columns" but not in "Advanced Filter" 

1) datadict settings for table "incidents":
·         Field name: description
·         Caption. Description
·         Usage Type: Deprecated
·         Available: true
2) Tests:
·         Modify Columns: Description is available
·         Advanced Filter: Description is not available

hope it helps.
Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Sahil,

hope you are doing well.

The Usage Type column determines a field's availability for defining views, defining templates, mass functions, and smart actions in Service Manager.

Solution

"Deprecated" means the field will NOT be available for defining views, defining templates, mass functions, and smart actions.

Generally, deprecated  also indicates the field may have been used in older versions and is now obsolete. It's still there for upgrades, however, since it is no-longer used, it is excluded from views etc. by using this usage type.

• "System" means the field will only be available for defining views.
  • "Application" or "Data" means the field is not restricted. There is no functional difference between these two values (informational only).

The Usage Type column (sysFieldType field) in Data Policy should be set to "Data" or "Application" for any custom fields that will be used with Views, Templates, mass functions, or smart actions.

Example: Field "Description" (fieldname: description) should be available in "Modify Columns" but not in "Advanced Filter" 

1) datadict settings for table "incidents":
·         Field name: description
·         Caption. Description
·         Usage Type: Deprecated
·         Available: true
2) Tests:
·         Modify Columns: Description is available
·         Advanced Filter: Description is not available

hope it helps.
Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer your for others to help too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.

Regards, HPE Software Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.