Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Cima Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Username check in visible condition

Jump to solution

Hello.

I'm trying to make a field visible if record creator is the same that is modifing it but I don't know how to get that username and validate it against record creator in file.

Any suggestions?

Thank in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Username check in visible condition

Jump to solution

First, users should generally not be able to delete an activity item. It introduces compliance audit issues to allow a user to alter the history of a ticket.

Second, after the the user displays a historical activity record, the privileges are most easily controlled by updating the format control privileges for the activity form. You can change the update condition, for example, to

sysmoduser in $file=$lo.username 

You may also need to update the activity format to set fields as read-only conditionally.

However, as with deletion, allowing a user to alter the update history of the record may cause an audit compliance issue. Note also that alterning a historical activity record will not alter the related journalled history text. 

I generally would recommend that only a sysadmin be able to alter/remove this type of record--and even then on an exception basis and they should add a comment to the edited comment, not delete it in full.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
7 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

try to use visible condition in FD for that field,

[field_name]=operator()

if field contains value as of login id.

[field_name]=$lo.user.name

if field have value as user name

hth,

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Doesn't work.

More ideas, please?

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

if field have value as user full name,

[field_name]=$lo.full.name

what is the value you field contains login id, name,,fullname, customized one etc?

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I need to check the user id and the field contains a user id.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

If the field containing the operator.id is opened.by, then:

[opened.by] = $lo.username

should work as a visble condition. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The field is operator in activity table. I've made a mistake. What I want to do is that only the one who register an activity or an administrator should be able to modify or delete that entry, so I'm trying to put a read only condition to description field.

Sorry for the mistake.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

First, users should generally not be able to delete an activity item. It introduces compliance audit issues to allow a user to alter the history of a ticket.

Second, after the the user displays a historical activity record, the privileges are most easily controlled by updating the format control privileges for the activity form. You can change the update condition, for example, to

sysmoduser in $file=$lo.username 

You may also need to update the activity format to set fields as read-only conditionally.

However, as with deletion, allowing a user to alter the update history of the record may cause an audit compliance issue. Note also that alterning a historical activity record will not alter the related journalled history text. 

I generally would recommend that only a sysadmin be able to alter/remove this type of record--and even then on an exception basis and they should add a comment to the edited comment, not delete it in full.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.