Absent Member.. James Townson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Users require Contact Record Access ONLY

Hi,

We have some users who **only** require the abillity to view / edit contact records.   Is there an easy  option for this?  I  have setup a test account and it looks like I will have to hide all the views / queues etc to get this to work.  That is quite a lot of modification so hoping there maybe an easier way.

Has anyone succesfully setup this functionality via ESS - this could be the best option but not sure if its possible?  

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Users require Contact Record Access ONLY

In the full client, instead of calling menu.manager on the startup tab, try calling database manager and pass the name of the form you want them to use to view contacts. The format control privileges for the form can limit them to read-only access. If you just use the contacts.g form, update the privileges to only allow add/update capability when $G.ess=false.

For self service, though, you may have to create a special ESS Contacts Only menu that only has an option to search contacts and update the operator record ESS tab to use that menu.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Absent Member.. James Townson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks John, I am trying the ESS way first and have succesfully created a menu which allows them to view contact records.  However they also need the ability to edit the contact record - is that something do-able in ESS?  I couldn't get the save button to display so currently attempting to add one to the contacts.g form itself...

0 Likes
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In my opinion I think you need to add capability word "EditContact" also in users profile.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.