Honored Contributor.. Anthony Dalferr Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Using WSDL to Close a change

I am in the process of trying to work with some other teams to use outside tools to open and close change records though WSDLs.  We are working fine with the Open and update functions, but when it comes to close, we are getting a bit challenged. 

We keep getting the message, User does not have the Authorization perform the action: save

We have gone as far as to try to set fields manually instead of using the close function by trying to set the fields manually though the update and still returning the same message.

We are running Service Manager 9.30

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
JD_Jinesta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Using WSDL to Close a change

Hi Anthony,

In SM there is one or multiple display options for close action. The user that authenticates to SM to perform close action needs to be able to do close, so condition or user condition have to be true for the user. Probably in this case that is not happening. You mention update works that means to me "save" action condition is true for the user. Please be sure to check display options for both save and close action. You can login to SM using the user that communications via WS and see if the user within SM have the same problem. Once conditions are true for the user, close should properly complete.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try looking at the format control for cm3r. On the priviledges tab you may need to set some condition to allow the closure

0 Likes
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

hope you are doing fine.

I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,
hope you are doing fine.
I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

best regards.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.