Established Member.. SteveZK
Established Member..

Using security folders for one company and several servicedesks

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I have the following situation :

My company (hospital) has 3 servicedesks (HR, IT, BI) which should not see the tickets from the other. Our employees open a ticket by calling the specific Servicedesk, he can have tickets for all servicedesks.

Actually our employees can't access ESS or SRC as it is not yet presented but it will come soon.

Actually I implemented 3 security folder (one per servicedesk) where I gave only access for the correspondent team with the disadvantage that if a team member from BI open a ticket at IT, he can not see his ticket as he does not have the permission to see folder IT.

Are there any suggestons to handle this situation - one company more servicedesks

Any ideas will be welcome.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Using security folders for one company and several servicedesks

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information, for this scenario you explained what you can enable is the Mandanten file security.

Have you checked about this on the SM help contents? If not I can get the information and include it here for you.

Basically, to enable Mandanten file security you must create records in two files which are scsecuritygroup and scmandant

After that you can define additional filtering conditions on fields (restricting queries) in the scaccess file.

Best regards,

Support

* If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
* If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

Software Support Technical Consultant
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Can you please tell us your SM version? So we can properly suggest options according your environment.

Regards,

Support

0 Likes
Established Member.. SteveZK
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Sorry, forgotten . ..

We are using SM 9.34 PD4.

BI and HR are using simplified processes and forms.

Steve

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information, for this scenario you explained what you can enable is the Mandanten file security.

Have you checked about this on the SM help contents? If not I can get the information and include it here for you.

Basically, to enable Mandanten file security you must create records in two files which are scsecuritygroup and scmandant

After that you can define additional filtering conditions on fields (restricting queries) in the scaccess file.

Best regards,

Support

* If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
* If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.