Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Validate field with script or on action - without fc or process designer

Hello guys,

I want to validate field Affected CI which user is entering but I have a problem an automatic script that escalates Interaction to Incident and that overrides field validation that would normally work.

Do you know if I can put some kind of validation on entering/update action so it stops user to go further until he corrects or fills button.

Additional thing is that field is not mandatory so I can't control it with a mandatory condition.

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Validate field with script or on action - without fc or process designer

if you will validate that affected item is in device table you could do this from  fromat control under queries 

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I can set it if not null but how to query a device table for affected ci with calculations if not null?

Logical set up would be like this: If not null check device table for ci

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

should be something like this   condition  dd or update   not null(affected item in $file)  

query  logical.name=affected.item in $file  or  display.name=affected.item in $file    

filename device

field to check   logical.name  or display.name   

logical.nME OR DISPLAY NAME IS DEPENDING ON WICH SYTEM YOU ARE RUNNING  OR IF YOU USE THE LOGICAL.NAME SOLUTION IN 9.40

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.