Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Validation to work on the Submit RFC button of the draft phase

Hi All,

I have a requirement which says that the change originator should be able to save their drafts before all the “required\mandate” fields are filled in, which means that the validation should now work on the SUBMIT RFC button rather than on SAVE button. Which part should i make the changes?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Validation to work on the Submit RFC button of the draft phase

When you exit a change phase, the delete column of format control is evaluted instead of the add/update column*. 

For fields that are mandatory to save the record initially, set the conditions for the add/update/delete[close] columns of format control to true (or use conditional expressions if mandatory fields are conditional).

For fields that are mandatory only when exiting the phase, set hhe add and update conditions so that they do not apply if the current.phase "Logging" andset the delete{close] condition so that it evalutes to true at phase closure.

*Format control only uses the delete column for phase closure  events in the Change and Request modules. In SD/IM/PM, the update column is called at both update and closure. The delete column is actually for detetion.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you so much John.

I have tried doing this before itself but it did not work. Here in the first phase, i.e, Change Draft phase , we need to click the Submit RFC button in order to move the change to the next phase, i.e, Change Review Phase. When I opened to see the display option of the Submit RFC button I could see that it differs from the Close Phase button which is present in the other phases( except Change Draft). 

Please suggest some other way and let me know if you require any other information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would also like to give you the following information:

• When this SUBMIT RFC button is clicked, the activity table's Type column takes it as OPEN while the Type for Close Phase button is Phase change
  • The process that is being called for SUBMIT RFC button is cm.open.save

So putting the validation condition in the Del column is not working in this case. Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.