Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

View select fields from related records or child tickets without leaving original or parent ticket

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to have a pop-up subform display some fields of a related tickets, Line item, or task from a ticket, without leaving the original ticket?

We currently use Request Management with Line Items, and sometimes we can have a single Request with 15+ Line Items.  Understandably, our users find it labor intensive to have to navigate away from the parent ticket so many times to get a complete overview of the status of all the elements of the Request.

Ideally, it would be nice to click on a Line item in the list, without navigating away from the Request,  and have a simple form pop-up showing relevant information from the Line Item.  Alternatively perhaps have a field display a text representation of the Line item in a sub form when a Line item in the list is selected.  All without leaving the parent Request.

Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any idea how this dream might be achieved...lol?

Audrey

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: View select fields from related records or child tickets without leaving original or parent tick

To the best of my knpwledge, here is not currently no way to configure a hover form or popup to display from a list of records in a virtual join.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: View select fields from related records or child tickets without leaving original or parent tick

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm constantly surprised at what we are able to squeeze out of Service Manager when it first seems impossible, so I had hoped that someone else might have had the same need at some point and come up with some complex customization that did the trick.  If a person's going to dream they might as well dream big...lol.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I spent some time trying to get a hover form to work somehow on a list view this summer, but didn't figure out a way to do it.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi guys,

Greetings.

Does any one found a way to do this. As it is more than 5 years since it is posted. I think SM should have been updated with a way to do it. Kindly let me know the same please.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.