Danny68 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Views & reports

I am trying to create a view that will show all activity for the month limited to assigned to my group. 

Incidents, iterations, purchase request.  Basically a view that show how busy the team is.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Views & reports

Anyone have input?  Our goal is to capture all work efforts in one view, changes, incidents, problems, requests, etc.  Yes Im new to SM and figuring it out from scratch.

0 Likes
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What do you mean by all work efforts or activities? Can you give examples of what that would be?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

A collective view by assigned to group for all Change, Incident, Interations, Requests and service cataloge tickets.  I know our CI's may be different that others.  My goal is to have one view or report that shows all of the above mentioned items iby month.  The goal is to create a report showing all the work the group is doing. 

I wrote a simple view for incidents but that is only a slice of hte pie.  Does that make sense?  New to service now and my apologies in advance for the lack of specific terminolgy for this product.

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

you are new to ServiceNow?  This is a forum for HP Service Manager. Just to confirm, you are using Service Manager....right?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Yes HP Service Manager, just had somoene mention servicenow and it stuck when I was typing.  lol

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

In HP Service Manager, you would create a view in the To Do queue.  You can use Database Manager or your database to look at the data in the Todo table to understand what fields it has and what the data looks like.  You can then create an inbox and create a query to satisfy your need. If you don't know what a query for the Todo table might look like, you should look up other views in the Todo table to see what those queries look like.  If you need to create new fields in the Todo table, you can do that using the Database Dictionary.  You would also need to modify the records in the TodoMap table to utilize your new fields.

do a little research and let us know if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Tom Thanks for the direction!

Dan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.