Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Visibility conditions on Service Catalog User Selections, do they work?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Visibility conditions on User Selections don't seem to work at all. In a Catalog if I have a user selection for Periodo and later in another input I add a visibility condition like [Periodo]="Fecha Fija", it completely ignores it; but if I use this same for mandatory condition it works for making it madatory.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Visibility conditions on Service Catalog User Selections, do they work?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes dynamic fields are part of the Service Catalog User Selections functionality. A dynamic field allows the Service Catalog administrator to capture additional information in order to process the Service Catalog item/bundle through to completion e.g. on an OOB system there is a catalog item called Name Change and the User Selections allow you to capture what the old name was & what the new name will be. I hope this helps. All this data will be stored in the svc.options field on the incidents dbdict and saves having to store this type of information in individual fields.

As the product is today the visibility condition is not working and needs to be fixed in a future release of the product.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I believe that you are ecnountering is related to the following open Enhancement Request:

The dynamic fields added for the User Selections of a Service Catalog item are still displayed even if their Visible Condition validation are set to false - https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00778550

Please can you register your interest in this Enhancement Request by selecting the link to receive emails when the enhancement request is updated or resolved. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

It does seem related, but what exactly is a "dynamic field"? Are user selections considered dynamic fields, so they cannot be used as visibility conditions but they can be used as mandatory conditions? If so which fields can be used on visibility conditions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes dynamic fields are part of the Service Catalog User Selections functionality. A dynamic field allows the Service Catalog administrator to capture additional information in order to process the Service Catalog item/bundle through to completion e.g. on an OOB system there is a catalog item called Name Change and the User Selections allow you to capture what the old name was & what the new name will be. I hope this helps. All this data will be stored in the svc.options field on the incidents dbdict and saves having to store this type of information in individual fields.

As the product is today the visibility condition is not working and needs to be fixed in a future release of the product.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification. So as it is now it's broken....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.