Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Want to show a search form after I click on a comfill button.

Hello All,

I am in a little confusion about one thing.

I have a comfill button for contact.name field in the interaction form. When I click on it i get all the contact names at a go. I want to put a small search form in bewteen where I can write the initials of the first name and last name which will in return give me a small list of contacts. 

Could anyone tell me how can I do that in the link file or somewhere else..

Thanks in advance 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Want to show a search form after I click on a comfill button.

Use parameter in link (see SM help for detail):

$fill.search.format

Form to use when performing a fill.

For example: $fill.search.format="company"

Defines the search screen to use when performing a fill. If this variable is set in the link expression, and the field that you are filling is NULL, the indicated search screen opens. The search created here continues the standard fill process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Want to show a search form after I click on a comfill button.

Hi,

Check in the link file which you are using and select the line. In the file you can define what format ou format qbe you want to call when you click on a comfill button.

Follows a picture

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.