Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Want to use Send HTML Email RuleSet to populate CC or send to multiple recipients in ticket

Hi,

In an Interaction we have a Contact (callback.contact) and a Service Recipient (contact.name).  Sometimes they are the same individual, and other times they are different.   Ideally when an Interaction is opened I want a single email to go out with the Service Recipient in the "To;" field and the Contact in the "CC:" field.  Does anyone know if there is a way to do this using the Send HTML Email type of RuleSet?  One of the option in a RuleSet of this type is the set the Recipient using Java Script, but I don't know if there is a way to use this option for this purpose.

If a RuleSet of this type cannot be used to produce this result, has anyone came up with a different way to do this?

Audrey

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Want to use Send HTML Email RuleSet to populate CC or send to multiple recipients in ticket

The SM email generation processes do not support this--the email event type generated by both rulesets and  notification definitions does not support CC or BCC addresses and the process used to generate email events used by those utilities is hardcoded in RAD.

You could potentially replace those outbound events with a custom outbound event and poll it with Connect-It, sending using Connect-It email. However, those outbound events would need to be generated using custom JavaScript.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Want to use Send HTML Email RuleSet to populate CC or send to multiple recipients in ticket

Hi John,

Thanks for the response.  I admit that I was not optimistic, but thought I would put it out there in case someone found a way to do this.  I guess I will have to look at other options.

Thanks,

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Andey H,

We did same thing, we added one string in table appended al email ids in that string. Then we call notification on this string.

In CIT, we have seperated it based on flags we put in string, then process the data and send it to Mail Exchange Server.

Regards,

Abhijit K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.