Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Web Service for joinfile -

Hi,

I am putting in place a web service for a joinfile (device + deviceType). When doing an update, instructions of master and device specific format controls are executed. This is fine.

The problem is when I add a record, it does only go through the master format control (device).

To have an accurate process, we still have to go through the device specific format control. I would like to do so without creating a custom process for the action. We already have something like that in place right now. Our goal is to go as close to OOTB as possible.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks,

Philippe

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Phillipe,

First I would say that if the functionality does not exist we do not frown upon creating it. Second if you feel this functionality should be there by default we can investigate. This would require you open a case.   Either way I suspect

it will require departure from what is oob.

Reggie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Phillipe,

Reggie is right (as always), web services invoke the display action that then invokes the document engine.   So format control is not invked apart from master format control which is invoked by the document engine.  So the behaviour you are seeing is expected product behaviour.  To tailor the behaviour you can use the "custom action to perform" functionality in the extacess record defining the web service or you can tailor in the document engine.  From what you describe I'd start by looking into whether a JS script called from "custom action to perform" might achieve what you need.

Cheers

Dave.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.