Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Web tire can not connect to SM RTE when LB Servlet is running

Jump to solution

Hello Experts , 

i have an impoant issue , regarding vertical scaling 

i'd like summrize it to you as bellow 

i added a LB servlet to SM.cfg , with 2 servelts , the Lb is running and i can connnect to LB Port on 13080 using widnows client installed on the SM APP RTE Server , 

but when i try to connect to LB Port using any client installed on another servers it can not conncect . 

however , i can connect to any of the servelts under the LB such as 13081 or 13083

what do you think ?

Envirement is as 

SM 9.52 P2 on windows Server 2012

SQL server 2012

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Web tire can not connect to SM RTE when LB Servlet is running

Jump to solution

Dears , 

the issue is Solved . and i;d like to share with you the issue 

the make it work you must allow all port of all servlts on fire wall not only 13080 , but alos 13081 , 13083 ,,etc

the other point is the name resultions , once the Lb servlet is Up , make SM start to comminicate with Web tire by Server name . so make sure that both servers can resolve the name of each other 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Can you send the content of sm.cfg  and the ini file?

What is the error that you are getting while connecting to LB port?

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Check your firewall on your SM server for port 10380. Also check if you can tnsping to SM server from the remote client on 13080, 13081, 13083. Compare results of tnsping.

Maybe, check firewall on the remote client too.

Also provide your sm ini and config files for checking.

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

hello dear , 

on the web client , i got a mesage once i load the page that tell the SM Server is not avaliable . the same as one shows up when SM is down 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Make sure you don't have SSL enabled on the SM Server and Web client. If it is enabled make sure whether you configured SSL.

It would be easy to assist if you provide the sm.ini, sm.cfg files and the sm web tier log files.

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dears , 

the issue is Solved . and i;d like to share with you the issue 

the make it work you must allow all port of all servlts on fire wall not only 13080 , but alos 13081 , 13083 ,,etc

the other point is the name resultions , once the Lb servlet is Up , make SM start to comminicate with Web tire by Server name . so make sure that both servers can resolve the name of each other 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Well done, Amr_salah!

It's good to use hostname. Whenever an ip address needs to be changed, you don't need to re-configure everything.

If you want more details on the ports required by SM, check out the article, https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00225244.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.