Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

WebService Performance Best Practices

Hi All,

I've been using SOAP to access a few web services in an external built application. Everything works how is supposed; I can read and write from my external app. I recently have run into a problem. When I use the "retrieve keys list" method, and the list is big, let's say 200+ items, the response takes a while (around 15 seconds or so). I was wondering if there's a way to speed this up or another method/way/best practice to do this in the least amount of time and memory possible.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Compare the same query when running from interface, if the response time is not good, you may want to work on in the query, use some indexed field on it or create a new index.. 

And specifically for the interface:

1: you can use paging functionality to retrieve the data in small groups, this will avoid memory problems and speed up the retrieve but probably the total time will be higher (when you sum all request's time). 

2: Check if all fields returned are required, if not modify or create a new service for this specific integration

3: If possible, change to Rest, the overhead is much smaller. 

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.