Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What are the steps for a user to modify a template?

A user contacted me today to ask the steps to modify a change module template he had created.

I searched the help docs and do not see anything about modifying a template. There isn't as far as I can see anything about creating a template to fill in a new change record - I see a help page for creating a template for incident records, and for enabling an incident profile to use templates and suspect that these could be followed for other records.

I don't see anything that talks about changing a template though.

Am I missing something obvious?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: What are the steps for a user to modify a template?

Yeah - you modify a Template similar to how you modify any record.

Open the Template table (Menu Navigation -> Tailoring -> Templates or use the DB Manager and search for the Template table).

Search for the Template record you wish to modify and click Search

Then, modify any fields as necessary, the same way you would modify them when creating the Template.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What are the steps for a user to modify a template?

Well, that's a rather awkward form.  But I suppose if that is all that is available.

I don't see a Create template from record menu item. And in our 9.32 instance, the only table name that a user can enter is Interactions.  Makes it difficult to create templates in problem or change.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.