Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

What is needed for web services to submit service requests.

Jump to solution

While developing a home-grown self service catalog, I determined what is needed to pull the categories, items, and user options from the service catalog. Our web developer is working on parsing the information for submission, but this raises other questions.

Does anyone know what WSDL and method(s) should be used for submission? I found that the svcCart, svcCartItem tables need to get updated and don’t if others need to be updated or know how SM determines what is created (interaction/request) from the submission. When a record is submitted using web services to the Cart or CartItem table, do triggers take place from there that create the necessary records in the other tables? I am trying to understand whether or not SM will do what is needed from the webservice record or will custom coding need to be added. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: What is needed for web services to submit service requests.

Jump to solution

As the friend suggested you'll find all information you need in the manual. 

I can tell you in advance that you don't need extra coding in HPSM, the default works just fine. You will use three methods, one to create the cart, other to add the item you want (you can add as many items as you wish) and the third one to submit the cart. All records are created automatically, the function is the same as if you were using the web interface.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I believe you can clear your doubts checking the webservices best practice guide taking in mind your current version, it is very helpful and you can downloaded from SSO portal.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

As the friend suggested you'll find all information you need in the manual. 

I can tell you in advance that you don't need extra coding in HPSM, the default works just fine. You will use three methods, one to create the cart, other to add the item you want (you can add as many items as you wish) and the third one to submit the cart. All records are created automatically, the function is the same as if you were using the web interface.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Has anybody tried this with the REST API Services.  (Submitting as if through the Service Portal (SAW/PROPEL) If so, could you point me at some of the documentation?

I also assume, that the correct way to do this is to create this through the API available for SM (9.60) and that the Portal itself does not provide it's own APIs which should be used to do this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.