Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When filling in assignee.name on IM.update.incident takes almost 10 seconds to return list

Jump to solution

All,

I'm trying to investigate a performance issue.  While on IM.update.incident and hitting the fill button for assignee.name it takes up to 10 seconds for the operator.qbe.g to be displayed. 

Any ideas where I can look or what query is being passed to the database?

I've looked at the  probsummary link record for assignee.name and this appears to be the same as oob version which returns list in 1 to 2 seconds.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Because the array is mapped to a CLOB, a full table scan is executed. You don't want to alter the type of field (array), you need to update that field so that it is no longer mapped as a binary object.

For an example, look at how the profile.change array is mapped to the backend database.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The slow response is caused by the default mapping of the assignment.groups array in the operator record. OOB, it is mapped as an IMAGE and therefore cannot be indexed. A full table scan is required to return the list of operators.

To correct the problem, remap the assignment groups array to a separate array table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So for the dbdict of operator I see that assignment.groups is setup as an array.  Are you suggesting that I just change the array to a structure or some other type?

assignment.groups array 1 88
  assignment.groups character 2 1 ASSIGNMENT_GROUPS CLOB m1

Do I just select the new option for type or do I need to do something else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Because the array is mapped to a CLOB, a full table scan is executed. You don't want to alter the type of field (array), you need to update that field so that it is no longer mapped as a binary object.

For an example, look at how the profile.change array is mapped to the backend database.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Pls. refer OOB link for "rootcause" table.

In this link for rootcause, the assignee names are coipied in "dump" array and then they are fetched in the assigne.name field.

You will notice that there are 2 link lines written for "assignee.name" field.

You can follow the same logic for probsummary or IM.update.incident link.

You need to make "dump" like array variable. Then records shall be retrieved faster.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

John,

Thanks for the info.  You got me pointed in the right direction and I was able to find other information on how to complete the remap of assignment.groups to another table.  I've attached the steps I took for others to see.  Once I completed the remap I noticed a big difference in approvement.

I also read other performace items could be related to this issue.  One of them would be log on times.  Would you be able to point me to what fields should be remapped for that?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.