Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
HenrikBrattlie Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

When will IDOL power the Knowledge Management-search? What benefits will we see?

Jump to solution

As IDOL is now powering Smart Analytics (BETA) in HPSM with auto categorization, OCR and hot topics/problem hunter, I guess it will be used for more areas shortly?

In Service Anywhere IDOL is used for creating knowledge from user questions. Will the abaility to create knowledge from resolved interactions be intruduced to HPSM?

When will you leave SOLR for IDOL to power the knowledge management search? Will you start pushing knowledge and proposed solutions to the recording operators in HPSM any time soon? (Like it is in Service Anywhere.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: When will IDOL power the Knowledge Management-search? What benefits will we see?

Jump to solution

Hi Henrik,

This is a great question. The direction is to have IDOL increasingly become a part of SM, and this is how we are building the roadmap. More specifically, we plan to extend the coverage of Hot Topics Analytics to more processes (comparable to what exists for SAW), and ultimately replace SOLR by IDOL. By the way, I am conscious of the limitations of IDOL especially in terms of handling languages with non-latin characters.

Best regards,

Jacques Conand

Product Director, HP ITSM

Product Management Director, Service and Configuration Management
3 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: When will IDOL power the Knowledge Management-search? What benefits will we see?

Jump to solution

You can already configure SM to generate knowledge from transactional records (interactions, incidents, problems, etc.) using the SOLR search engine. That capability is not tied to IDOL and has been present in SM for the entire time the knowledge management module has been offered. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
HenrikBrattlie Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

But of course, Sir. I know that. :) The case is however that SOLR is causing some grief, at least in the Nordics (characters in attachments), and does not function as described.

I was asking if (when) SOLR will be exchanged for IDOL - which is much more powerful - as a search engine. It can even support OCR.

I was also wondering if HPSM will expand the Hot Topics-analytics to cover more than creating Problems from Incidents, for instance creating Knowledge from resolved Interactions or Known Errors.

The final question was, will HPSM actively push knowledge articles and/or solution proposals to the recording operator, as we see in Service Anywhere already?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Henrik,

This is a great question. The direction is to have IDOL increasingly become a part of SM, and this is how we are building the roadmap. More specifically, we plan to extend the coverage of Hot Topics Analytics to more processes (comparable to what exists for SAW), and ultimately replace SOLR by IDOL. By the way, I am conscious of the limitations of IDOL especially in terms of handling languages with non-latin characters.

Best regards,

Jacques Conand

Product Director, HP ITSM

Product Management Director, Service and Configuration Management
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.