Absent Member.. Ulises Jorge Bi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Where does the validation message asking for an update in SM IM comes from?

Jump to solution

Dear folks,

In Service Manager, when working on an open incident if you press the 'save' option on the menu, the system ask you for an update.  Where does this validation comes from?

Best regards,

Ulises

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Where does the validation message asking for an update in SM IM comes from?

Jump to solution

Yep it should be it (done it ages ago so still you have to play with it on test server).

Dont remember if it can be conditional. As I recall it is either requiring update or no without custom conditions.

Anyway you can fill the comment for some custom cases so it wont require the update.

3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Have you checked Object definition? type db in the command line and look for Object. Then input the table name (incidents in your case) for which it is happening . Then look throuhg tabs.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Ulises Jorge Bi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Vadim,

Thanks for your reply; I think I found it. Can you look at the screen capture and confirm if this is the actual code that generates this alert?  The message number checks out ('Please provide an update' in the scmessage table).  Can I make this message conditional?  I'm trying to get rid of it in certain conditions.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yep it should be it (done it ages ago so still you have to play with it on test server).

Dont remember if it can be conditional. As I recall it is either requiring update or no without custom conditions.

Anyway you can fill the comment for some custom cases so it wont require the update.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.