Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Where is this Report module variable declared?

Jump to solution

In the reporting module (SM 9.41) on the screen you can edit a report, there is a query box where a user can build a query.  If on the permissions tab, the audience is set to "everyone" then the only people able to edit that query field are sysadmins.  I want to make it so that a small select group of users can edit the query field when the audience is set to
"everyone".  When I go to the format inbox.report.chart and go into design mode and select the query field, the read-only condition is set to [$report.can.edit.query]=false

I can't find where that is set.  I know I can probably work around that but I prefer not to unless I can tell where it's originally being set.  Usually if there is a condition like that on a form field, then it's set in the format control or in a ruleset. But as far as I can tell, there is no format control for reports nor is there a workflow.

I have used *afind.string to search the formatctrl table, the RuleSet table and I get no results.  I've also searched secRoles, secRights, userroles, operators, displayoptions, etc.  There are 100s of tables, I don't want to have to do a *afind.string search on each one.

Anyone know where this is initially declared?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Where is this Report module variable declared?

Jump to solution

This is all defined in the inbox.init Process.

In Initial Expressions, there is:

$report.can.edit.query=$L.can.edit.query

Earlier on in Inital Expressions, there are several statements that define $L.can.edit.query:

if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "probsummary") and evaluate(query in $G.pm.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "incidents") and evaluate(advanced.search in $G.sm.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "cm3r") and evaluate(query.window in $G.cm3r.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "cm3t") and evaluate(query.window in $G.cm3t.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and (same($L.table, "rootcause") or same($L.table, "rootcausetask") or same($L.table, "knownerror")) and evaluate(advanced.search in $G.rc.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "device") and evaluate(query.window in $G.am.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "contract") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ct.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocmq") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocmq.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocml") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocml.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocmo") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocmo.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
$L.modules.tables={"probsummary", "incidents", "cm3r", "cm3t", "ocmq", "ocml", "ocmo", "rootcause", "rootcausetask", "knownerror", "device", "contract"}

$L.comment="added from SM940"

if ($L.is.inbox.manager=false) then ($L.isReportExpert=false;$L.report.canUpdate=false;$L.can.edit.query=false)
if ($L.report.canUpdate=false and nullsub($is.report, false)=true) then ($L.is.inbox.manager=false;$L.can.edit.query=false;$L.isReportExpert=false;update in $L.env=false)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is all defined in the inbox.init Process.

In Initial Expressions, there is:

$report.can.edit.query=$L.can.edit.query

Earlier on in Inital Expressions, there are several statements that define $L.can.edit.query:

if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "probsummary") and evaluate(query in $G.pm.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "incidents") and evaluate(advanced.search in $G.sm.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "cm3r") and evaluate(query.window in $G.cm3r.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "cm3t") and evaluate(query.window in $G.cm3t.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and (same($L.table, "rootcause") or same($L.table, "rootcausetask") or same($L.table, "knownerror")) and evaluate(advanced.search in $G.rc.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "device") and evaluate(query.window in $G.am.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "contract") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ct.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocmq") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocmq.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocml") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocml.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
if ($L.is.inbox.manager=true and same($L.table, "ocmo") and evaluate(query.window in $G.ocmo.environment)=true) then ($L.can.edit.query=true)
$L.modules.tables={"probsummary", "incidents", "cm3r", "cm3t", "ocmq", "ocml", "ocmo", "rootcause", "rootcausetask", "knownerror", "device", "contract"}

$L.comment="added from SM940"

if ($L.is.inbox.manager=false) then ($L.isReportExpert=false;$L.report.canUpdate=false;$L.can.edit.query=false)
if ($L.report.canUpdate=false and nullsub($is.report, false)=true) then ($L.is.inbox.manager=false;$L.can.edit.query=false;$L.isReportExpert=false;update in $L.env=false)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you! I did not think to look in Processes.  This is exactly what I needed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.