Highlighted
Visitor.

While Closing the Task, I am getting the RAD error in SM9.34

Hi Experts,

I am getting the velow error, which closing Task in SM9. Please refer the below RAD error and let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Process panel start in RAD cm3t.check.last.task encountered error in line 2 (cm3t.check.last.task,start)
Cannot evaluate expression (cm3t.check.last.task,start)
Bad arg(2) oper = (cm3t.check.last.task,start)
Bad arg(1) oper + (cm3t.check.last.task,start)
Bad arg(2) oper + (cm3t.check.last.task,start)
Unrecoverable error in application:  se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrecoverable error in application:  cm3t.check.last.task on panel start

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: While Closing the Task, I am getting the RAD error in SM9.34

In all likelihhood, those are just the last few lines of a much larger set of errors. The messages listed do not provide enough information to troubleshoot.. 

Please recreate the error and provide every error line generated at record save (these errors may also be in the sm.log, so you could also pull them from there). 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your response. I have validated all the logs and i am able to see the same error exist in the logs as well. Wizard is moving good after that, it is picking a process for closing the task and it is failing. I am still trying to find the Process responsible for closing task in SM9.34 environemnt.

Kindly let me know for more information. Looking forward for your suggestions. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

what actions are lead to this error ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Alarm,

We are facing this issue only while performing Closing the Task. I have tried saving the task and tried with all the other options too, but facing this issue only in Closing. Kindly let me know for more details. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

how are you perform closing ?

Choose status and press save or press button for close or any other ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Alarm,

Thank you so much for reply. I am clicking the close button from the y screen and it is s this wizards and getting the error message. I have attached the trace log file for your reference. After reaching the RAD "cm3t.check.last.task" , I am getting the error message. Hope, this trace is useful. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sridhar,

Is there any Notification which triggers when you Close the Task? I checked the RAD Debug & somehow feel it is to do with some parameters missing on the Notification.
- Disbled Notification for Change Task & check.
- Then check various other conditions set for Task Closure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Sanzz,

Thank you so much for the response. Please refer the below script casuing the error while trying to close the task. Line 2 is causing the error in my system.

Error :

Undefined field or variable. Encounter error in line 2

Script :

$L.change=$INTO.CHANGE

$L.query="(open=true or open=unknown) and parent.change=\""+number in $L.change+"\""

$L.query=nullsub($L.query, false).

Kindly let me know your thought on the below. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

"open" looks like a boolean value which means it can only be true or false and triggering a syntax error and you compare it against unknown. I can't remember if you can detect for null in a boolean value. You could try testing for that.

Or alternately, initialise "open" with false value so that it's always false and never null value.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

i am thinking your are runing the query on a cm3t object.

open is a field in cm3t means whether the ticket is till open.

parent.change is a field in cm3t to save the id of parent cm3r.

So the query should be:

$L.query="(open in $L.file=true or open in $L.file=unknown) and parent.change in $L.fiel=\""+number in $L.change+"\""

In order to save time. you can aslo run the command in your rad debuger to valid your query is correct or not.

(I am using a task whose parent change is C10028 for testing)

>d open in $L.file=true and parent.change in $L.file="C10028"
true

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.