Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

While closing one incident, another inc. getting closed. How to troubleshoot?

Hello Experts,

I use HPSM v9.33. Sometimes, end users are saying that while they close any particular Incident, instead of closing the same, some different incident is getting closed accidentally. There is no such relation between those two incidents. I checked activity logs for both the incidents, nothing such mentioned so that I can troubleshoot the same.

For this issue, multiple support cases are getting raised. This has become a Showstopper now.

Please help how to troubleshoot the issue?

Should I start debugging by adding parameters in SM.ini?

Waiting for your valuable inputs regarding the same.

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: While closing one incident, another inc. getting closed. How to troubleshoot?

Can the user replicate it? Could the user be using record list?  Have the user go to Window-Preferences. Expand HP Service Manager, go to Appearance and uncheck "show detail pane with record list" and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: While closing one incident, another inc. getting closed. How to troubleshoot?

thanks for the info, but this is true when user is using thick client. But in our scenario, all user use web cleint only.

Jayaram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I think the first step is you can reproduce it. Then find the rootcause.

It's useless to debug it if you can not reproduce it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.