Williams, John Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Why does my Release Control integration with uCMDB break when SSL is enabled?

I have installed and configured RC 9.21.0005 just now. It connects successfully to Service Manager, uCMDB and Active Directory for authentication. The uCMDB and Active Directory systems are behind firewalls and require a SSL connection. All this works as desired - until - I enable SSL on the RC 9.21 server (server.xml and web.xml). When SSL is enabled, the ucmdb log in RC reports that the ucmdb connection configuration is not valid. Also, running Impact Analysis rule tests give me the message below. However, I can connect to the RC gui via HTTPS without error. Best I can tell, this message has something to do with the redirection of port 8080 to 8443. I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. Do any of you folks have an idea to share with me? What did I miss? Thank you for your consideration.

I should also mention that I have RC 9.20 installed and working with SSL enabled. That RC implementation connects to the exact same uCMDB and Service Manager services.

"Analyzing CI error
General error: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [http://localhost:8080/cmdb-adapter-90/remoting/SessionManager]; nested exception is org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Did not receive successful HTTP response: status code = 302, status message = [Found]"

0 Likes
1 Reply
Luis_G_SM Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Why does my Release Control integration with uCMDB break when SSL is enabled?

Hello John,

Thanks for contacting us

it seems, based on your explanation, that SM-RC integration works well in any circumstance. Also, RC-UCMDB works if SSL is NOT set.

Hence, I would like to share with you the information for configuring SSL in UCMDB as you explained it is already set in RC side.  

Best regards!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.