Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Work In Progess Time Duration for Incidents...Urgent..!!

Hi All,

I am working on SM 7.11 on Windows.

I have a requirement wherein i need to get the time duration for a incident in "Work In Progress" status  after the tickets gets Closed.

eg - I have raised a new incident in "Accepted" status, after which the assignee updates the status of the incident to "Work in Progress". After the incident is completed the assignee updates the status of the incident to "Closed" and closes the ticket.

So the duration for which the incident was in "Work in Progress" state is what i exactly need.

I have designed the related fields in th form for the value to get displaye and also the macros related to clock are working.

Also my requirment is working partially, i.e when i open a ticket and set it to "Work in Progress" status and after the incidents gets completed i set the status to "Closed" the Work in Progress duration gets displayed.

But if i directly close the Ticket using the "Close" button, then the Work In Progress duration doesnt get displayed.

PFA...

I am in urgent need of a solution...any queries or suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards ,

Somujit Paul

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

What is condition you are using in to calculate WIP.
You have to check and change those condition.

hth,
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I found similar situation and I think similar questions which might be helpful for you:

1. How do we get the total elapsed time for the incident in the report.

Type"db" in sm command line->table name:sloresponse->serarch the ticket id for which you wish to see the elapsed time->In the "elapsed time" field you can find the total time elapsed for that ticket.

2. Total Elasped time includes the SLA suspended time OR it is only the working time.

Total elapsed time does not include the time spend in suspended states.

Please find the below calculations for your reference:

Duration time(Eclipsed time): The amount of time elapsed between the Initial and Final States of the ticket being measured by the Response Service Level Objective (SLO).The duration time will add all the time between the start state to final state, and minus suspend time between the start state and final state. If the ticket is reopened, the duration time will not add the time between last closed time and reopen time.

Allowed time: Amount of time allowed until breach.

Expiration time: The date and time that the Response Service Level Objective (SLO) will breach if the state of the ticket does not change to the Final State.

1. For interval:

The expiration time = final state time + (allowed time - duration time). So the expiration time will increase if you suspend. Once the slo is achieved, the expiration time will not increase.

2. For end of day:

The expiration time = start time + end of day window. The expiration time will not increase even if you suspend.

3. For service catalog:

The expiration time = min(expiration time in all service catalog items). The expiration time will not increase even if you suspend.

Delay time (time remaining) : How long the slo is delayed. Delay time =duration time – allowed time = final state time – expiration time. Delay time <> end time – expiration time. Because the end time means when the ticket is closed, not when slo reach the final state.

Rules:

If the duration time > allowed time, the slo will be breached.

In the suspend process, the duration time will be freeze.

If system goes into an unknown state, the system will treat it as last state.

Expiration in a breached sloresponse does include time spent in suspended states this is a defect reported in SM 7.11 version QCCR1E49126 addresses this issue.An Unload is available for the same to resolve the issue.

3. How much total time require to capture the Incident details in SLA(Response Time Result).ie we want to know when we closed the IM at that time can we get the elapsed time from sloresponse table if not same time is updated then how much time it will take to update the sloresponse table.

As soon as the IM ticket is closed the elapsed time is calculated and is found in the sloresponse table. You may confirm this by ceating a test ticket updating it and closing it. Then go the sloresponse table and confirm the elapsed time calculation.

Well elapsed time calculation also takes into account the schedule specified for the slo which had triggered for the IM ticket, also it takes into account the holidays.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting 🙂
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Piku,

There are two start clock and stop clock with the conditions based on problem.status which are enabled in macros.

also have wrote a condition in fc for IM.update.incident form in which

under Queries --

Upd is set to "true" , query is "key.char=number in $file and name="Work in Progress" and it calls the "clocks" filename

and under Calculations ---

update is "problem.status in $file=Closed" and calculation is "wip in $file=total in $file3"

Regards, 

Somujit Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I afraid you could not get the correct result as clock do not auto update till you manually click on clocks button on each record.
So this is not relevant here as way is not correct.

hth,
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Piku,

Using the above queries and conditions, WIP time duration is working partially as I stated the scenario in my first post as to when i am getting the time duration value and when the value is not available.

Is there any other way you can suggest to get WIP time duration working for the Closed/Resolved incidents as the requirement is urgent.

Regards,

Somujit Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Piku,

Also find attached the clock output for the two incidents for which i had sent the screen shot..

Here as i can see the WIP time is being showed for both the incidents, but when I check the WIP: field as u can see in the previous attatched files one of the incident displays the valu and the other gives the output as 00:00:00.

Regards, 

somujit Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Ok, so it means your WIP clock is not updating in clock table if directly closing it would be due to clock condition mentioned for stop of clock.
post you condition in clock macro.

hth,
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Piku,

The macro condition for the clock "Start Elaspsed time clock" is  "true and (problem.status in $L.new~=problem.status in $L.old and problem.status in $L.new~="Closed")" ,

Under Set Paramaters,

Name of clock is set to Evaluating Expression "$L.name=problem.status in $L.new"

Also, the macro condition for the clock "Stop Elapsed time clock" is "true and problem.status in $L.new~=problem.status in $L.old",

Under Set Paramaters,

Name of clock is set to Evaluating Expression "$L.name=problem.status in $L.old"

The filename for both the above macros is probsummary with type startclock and stopclock resp.

Regards,

Somujit Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

Looking forward for some suggestions on the issue.

Regards,

Somujit Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Somujit..,

Try these in your fc once and check whether it may help you out .

1st fc cond .

filed1 in $file=tod() - open.time in $file

update :

problem.status in $file="Work In Progress" and problem.status in $file0="Accepted"

2nd fc cond .

field2 in $file=close.time in $file - open.time in $file

update:

problem.status in $file="Closed" and problem.status in $file0~="Closed"

3rd fc cond [for WIP time]

field3 in $file=field2 in $file - field1 in $file.

update:

problem.status in $file="Closed" and problem.status in $file0~="Closed".

You can make your filed3 only has visible .

make sure all the fields are same type.

Make sure save a copy is ticked in your fc  for $file0 to work.

Regards

Praveen

--
Say " Cheers! " by clicking Kudos Star on the left .
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Then you should try condition ,

(true and problem.status in $L.new~=problem.status in $L.old) or problem.status in $L.new="Closed"

hth
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.