Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Blue_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Workflow Phase Privileges

How can i set privileges on a workflow phase? Like controlling update rights on a phase? Is there a way to tailor Update rights on workflow? I am using 9.4 codless version.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Super Contributor.. Atyler68 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Workflow Phase Privileges

Say that you wanted to only give right during the Authorization phase to your Change Manager or System Admin.

1. Log into Service Manager
  2. Tailoring--> Process Designer --> Workflows
  3. Open the workflow that you want to edit (Norman, Standard, Expedited and Emergency)
  4. In the workflow chart click on Authorization
  5. On the Details tab --> Form Edit Condition
  6. Click on button
  7. Add these values
    1. Variable --> $lo.ucapex-->Equals-->Value-->SysAdmin
    2. Variable --> $lo.ucapex-->Equals-->Value-->ChMAdmin
  8. Click on Done
  9. Save the changes to the Workflow
Honored Contributor.. Blue_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Say Change is in Authorization phase, Can any other application update change through web service call ? The application trying to update has a HPSM operator record with Update right set as Always. Will this workflow phase level restriction override the operator rights?

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Atyler68 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Good morning,

Sorry for the late reply but from what I have seen only the users with that capability word would be able to update in that phase.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.