Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You are not authorized to view the Contact data.

Jump to solution

hi everyone,

i added a menu item named "Contacts" for user to view contact information with only read rights.

when user click this item, the error message shows "You are not authorized to view the Contact data".

but if you give the user "EditContacts" capabilisty, use can view contact information, but with edit rights.

so do you know where did i configure wrong?

i attached related screenshot.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: You are not authorized to view the Contact data.

Jump to solution

hi All,

finally, i found the rootcause about my issue that the Access orom DB Mgr of formatctrl of format "contacts" default condition is index("SysAdmin", $lo.ucapex)>0 or index("EditContacts", $lo.ucapex)>0 in SM version 941. so that's the why the normal user can access the contacts table. just update it to true.

thanks all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Cole, Go to display screen and give a condition in I/O. You can give condition according to user role.
Cheers,
Hardit Singh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

thanks hardit, your way can control all contact fields to readonly, but user still can do delete action.

actually, my problem is seems user have no rights to view contacts table.

you can see my screenshot in attached.

anyway, thanks for your advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe that we are talking about the condition for the "Delete" button

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hi All,

finally, i found the rootcause about my issue that the Access orom DB Mgr of formatctrl of format "contacts" default condition is index("SysAdmin", $lo.ucapex)>0 or index("EditContacts", $lo.ucapex)>0 in SM version 941. so that's the why the normal user can access the contacts table. just update it to true.

thanks all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.