Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ucux347 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

You may not approve for any of the pending approval groups

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a new button to force approve pending interaction that submitted from SRC. The button has been successfully created but when I tested the button, I got following error message "You may not approve for any of the pending approval groups"

Here is the screenshot of configuration button Force Approve:

1.JPG

2.JPG

Does anyone have any experience for this requirement?

Thanks & Regards,

Okik

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: You may not approve for any of the pending approval groups

Hi ucux347,

The default approval process check if the approver is a member of current pending approval. Create a button that calls ordinary approval won't work. You need to "enable" the Override functionaly in interaction. 

It's already implemented on Approval, so you can copy it from there. The processes are approval.approve.all, approval.approve.current and approval.appr:ove.one in state approval.view.

You can just add them to the sd.view or create your own based on them..

Basically what you need to do is add, before the approval.approve rad call ,the line bellow (or a variation of it - check the difference beween approve all, current and one).. 

$L.approval.groups=denull(current.pending.groups in $L.file)+denull(future.groups in $L.file)

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.