Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

add the command bar to a role other than system

Jump to solution

Dears,

how can I add the command bar to a role other than system?

i mean by command bar the one where you can type directly: db, status, fc, etc...

i need this to be displayed to a user role.

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Access to the command line is controlled by the 'Activate Command Line on Startup' check box in the Operator record under the Startup tab. However, I would stronlgy recommend against enabling this for users other than System Administrators as most of the functinality will only be available to operators who have the system administrator user role / capability words enabled.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Access to the command line is controlled by the 'Activate Command Line on Startup' check box in the Operator record under the Startup tab. However, I would stronlgy recommend against enabling this for users other than System Administrators as most of the functinality will only be available to operators who have the system administrator user role / capability words enabled.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

sure, acutually i will enable it only for a role which they use it frequently.

on the other hand, can we control what can they writes in the command line? is this feasible? if yes then i can put control

thanks anyway, the initial request is solved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As far as I know, it is not possible to control what text/string is entered into the command line.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.