Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

approval.inbox slow performance

Experts,

We have developed a custom service catalog module using the ess portal. This enables the end users to submit IMAC request from the ESS portal.

If the manager selected is not having analyst portal access, we have enabled to have the ESS portal with approval inbox call in the menu.

Couple of days we are seeing that, when certain users clicks on the approval.inbox , it keeps clocking and never returns back, even though there are valid pending requests awaiting approval.

I have noticed errors pertaining to the approval.inbox in the sm.log when the user clicks on the Approval inbox link.

Attaching the error logs hereby.

We are running on SM9.20 Build 021 on Server 2k8 R2 with 64 G of memory.

please guide me inorder to rectify the performance issue.

thx

dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: approval.inbox slow performance

RTE A Performance-6-Approval, Hit Ratio not achieved on file Approval and query (approval.status="pending" and (file.name="cm3r" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="cm3t" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="ocmq" and current.pending.groups isin {} or file.name="incidents" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048"}) and (file.name="cm3r" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="cm3t" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="ocmq" and current.pending.groups isin {} or file.name="incidents" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048"})):  Of 6023 records checked, 6022 did not match the query ; user(yy18048), application(approval.inbox), panel(setup.queries)

Above is the entry whcih I am noticing in the log whenever a user is trying to access the approval.inbox via the ess portal

Only a few users have reported the performance issue so far.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I guess you qery in taking too much time to search records.

(approval.status="pending" and

(file.name="cm3r" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="cm3t" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="ocmq" and current.pending.groups isin {} or file.name="incidents" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048"})

and (file.name="cm3r" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="cm3t" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048", "DEFAULT"} or file.name="ocmq" and current.pending.groups isin {} or file.name="incidents" and current.pending.groups isin {"yy18048"})):

Do not know why it is running query 2 times if you compare above 2 para quries are same.

You will find logic quey login in DS of approval.inbox also my suggestion if you are not using ocmq module do not qeury the same and reduce time for the query.

Regards.

Abhijit K

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is a known issues in 9.2x system, current.pending.groups is a blob/clob field defined in Approval m1 table. Try to remap current.pending.groups column from m1(clob) to a1(varchar2) table.

You can fix it by follow below document:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM961884

Chapter A) Remapping of one field as Multi-row Array Table.

Hope it helps,
ling-yan

Acclaimed Contributor..

Abhijit,

Though approvaldef is custom, everything approval.inbox is out of the box.

the approval.inbox rad app creates the $L.sql by querying the entire current.pending.groups and $lo.user.name

ling-yan,

I had seen this knowledge article. I do not want to go that route, as that change which I had to make is a big one. Our change management is very sensitive , so do not want to disturb the approval table at this point.

Though it takes 2 minutes or so to bring up the requests pending approval using the inbox. As a workaround, I have also setup a custom inbox, which will go to the ess interaction page where i have added the approval button.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.