Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

auto assign group using Process Designer

Hi,

i am a beginner in using Process designer in HPSM 9.41

I need to configure auto assign group incident ticket (based in the OOb workflow)  for incident ticke twith specific catégory (for example,  ticket incident with category = X should be asigned to assignement group = A)

how can i do it bu process designer ?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: auto assign group using Process Designer

Short steps are:

• Create a new rule with JavaScript code, which contains your business logic of ticket assignments
  • Assign the new rule to certain workflow phases' actions (I assume Update and Open are suitable)

I'm using a convention of assigning IM tickets based on Service, not category, but of course the convention varies business by business. The configuration items have a "Assignment" field, which contains the name of responsible group. I'd avoid having a assignment business logic "hardcoded" and make assignments based on services. It's a way HPE promotes as a best practice for this tool and I encourage to follow that path.

I don't have an OOB environment in my hands, but there is already a ruleset which handles ticket's IM assignments. If I recall correctly, there's no a ready code for assigning per IM category, but you may tinker with the ruleset by cloning it, if you choose that path.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.