Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

choose values from dropdown and point to particular notebook tab

Hi Experts,

I have requirement like,

Currently, category is a drop down in Subform of Incident Management.,

Install Details is a notebook tab.  similarly, have other notebook tabs too.  

Now requirement is like, When choosing the category as Install, default to the “Install Details” tab.

The order of tabs might be any. but it should default to Install details tab.

How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: choose values from dropdown and point to particular notebook tab

Need screenshots (picture) - what you need to get

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

please find the attached images.

Currently, how it is working is, if i select "install", by default "Attachments" tab is expanded.

I need to do something like: install.jpg--> if user select Ticket Category as "install",  then by default "Install issue details" tab to be expanded.(install1.jpg).

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shalini Ramamoorthy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Both tab must be visible and after select category you need only jump to tab you need ?

or

No one tab must be visible while user not select a category and after select a category - TAB will be visible or visible and cursor set on it ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

yes, second option is the one i need it. 

many tabs will be their. Once they select particular select category,  related to that category , tab should be visible with expanded fields.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is work in FD.

1) To hide TAB while category not selected:

Display condition for TAB [category]<>""

2) Jump to some field in TAB after category select:

Make in DO new line with some GUI (353 for example) and set in PreRAD cursor.field.name.set("field.name in TAB")

And set this code (353) for your category in FD for  dropdown, combobos,.... (or whatever)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.