QCM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cm.update.save is not keeping the $L.file.save

Hi guys,

I have a workaround, but I do not like the fact that I must use that... and I was wondering if there was any other way to fix it...

When I save a task, it goes thru cm.update.save process but the $L.file.save seems to get trashed... however, if I put a $G.cm3t.save=$L.file.save before the RAD cm.update.save is called with second.record | $L.file.save, I can see the values I wanted in my global $G.cm3t.save, but then... $L.file.save goes empty after the call...

I'd like to know if there is any other way to keep the $L.file.save as it would be more convenient...

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: cm.update.save is not keeping the $L.file.save

I don't think it loses $L.file.save; I think the contents of $L.file.save get changed.

So the question isn't - how can you store $L.file.save - but, what is it you're trying to use the previously stored version of the ticket in order to do?  What do you need that $L.file.save for?  And then the question you should ask is how do I do the thing I need it for before the value changes?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. emaasalmi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: cm.update.save is not keeping the $L.file.save

SM9.33

I have a similar problem with cm.update.save at the moment.

My problem is, that i have a couple of mandatory work hour fields on my Change Task form. User enters work hours and they are saved to $tl_input_work_hours and $tl_input_work_minutes.

In my process designer I have a mandatory check within a RuleSet for these fields. When user updates a Change Task, they must add work hours or minutes.

Save-button works. When a user has entered minutes/hours and presses the Save-button, the validation works fine, since the cm.update.save RAD app is not called at all. It goes through displayoption -> change.update.save process -> ??? -> RuleSet

Save&Exit button does not work. When a user has entered minutes/hours and presses the Save&Exit button, the validation fails sinnce the cm.update.save RAD app is called and it loses my variables (sets them to null). My RuleSet believes that no minutes/hours have been entered.

It goes through displayoption -> cm.ok (cm.update is called here) -> change.update.save.process -> ??? -> RuleSet

Any help appreciated.

Edit: got mixed with processes and RAD apps. Fixed them in the description.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.