Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

condition on related record

Hello Experts , 

would you please help me to write a conidtion that work on related report or on data on another table . 

let me explain more what i'd like to achive 

i need to but a condition on a filed  say it will be description on incidets table to be shown on certin critirea lets consider it to be a user role for example . this one i can do using data polilcy 

what i can not do , is to hide the activity of this incident becaue whenever decription is updated it will be shown in the activity tab , so i need to go to data polcy and hide the description cloum of the activity table based on a condition on the incidents able 

for example 

if the category of incident id (that stored in the activity) = xxx hide this line for the activity table unless the loged in user is Sysadmin 

is this possiable ?

thanks 

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: condition on related record

Hello Amr_Salah,
Thanks for your question.

I have not tried this myself ever, but as far as I know Service Manager is highly manipulable in those matters. However, the trickiest part would be to know where exactly to add this condition in order to achieve your requirement.

You might edit Messages table, based on the information from Format Control, Links and maybe Datadict.

BR!
Jose L. Arias

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

The  "im.incident.subform.updates" subform uses the "acitivity.list.g" form with the table. 

you can create another table of the same without the description field and set the visible condition to be like category = xxx and sysadmin <> true. The other full list table will be visible if category <> xxx and sysadmin = true.

You may have to set the conditions correct as per your requirement but this is just a logic that can be used. Set the tables to be overlapping each other to show only one at a time.

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The easiest and simpler is customize the VJ link..
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.