Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

create screlate link to a customize file

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had new file (table) customfile, within this file it had a field which contain the request record id (number).
had a button in request record which will open the logging form for the customfile. Do like to seek advice is there a way to create something like the oob screlate link, so that the management of the field mapping when creating a new record to customfile is manage within this link?

I was able to sync the data over via JS scripting but I do like to make it manageable for the administrator, so that for any addition field to required to be map can be easily done within the screlate link record.

Regards

Soong

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: create screlate link to a customize file

Jump to solution

I've not done this before, but it might work.  Here is what you need to do:

1.  Create an screlconfig record for your customfile
2.  create an "screlate.incidents.<customfile>" link record.
3. Maybe in a format control or Process record, call the "screlate" RAD App.

There might be more to this, but at a minimum you would need to do the above.  Maybe someone on this forum has done this before. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The Out of the Box functionality of Cascade Update should suit your needs.  Here is the documentation:

http://docs.software.hpe.com/SM/9.50/Codeless/Content/tailor/data_management/concepts/cascade_updates.htm?Highlight=Cascade Update

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi TomPowe,

Thanks for the response but after reading the attached link, I don't really understand how the Cascade function can help in my case??

my scenario required the data to be populated during creation (meaning the customfile record is not created yet),

my case is more like the OOB interaction escalation, when an interaction is escalated the logging form of the incident ticket is auto populated with the information from the interaction. I'm able to do this via scripting but was think is it possible to do the same as the OOB via the screlate.incident.problem link file

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I've not done this before, but it might work.  Here is what you need to do:

1.  Create an screlconfig record for your customfile
2.  create an "screlate.incidents.<customfile>" link record.
3. Maybe in a format control or Process record, call the "screlate" RAD App.

There might be more to this, but at a minimum you would need to do the above.  Maybe someone on this forum has done this before. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi TomPowe,

Thanks for the suggestion will test it out.

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.