Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

debugging help

Hi,

Is their any where i can get some documents with some examples on how to debug, or how to use rad debugger for debugging an application, process etc.

If i click on search button, what happens? which process is called initially and which process is called next?

for each object i see different process, similarly for configuration item (device) which process is called when i execute a search?

Please help

Sreek
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Seems there is no such public documents exists for RAD debugger,

-----------------
From one of doc,
RAD Debugger
The RAD Debugger enables you to view and isolate RAD processes for the purpose of
troubleshooting. Information about the RAD flow opens in a separate window containing a
scrollable text field. The RAD Debugger uses its own command line language to trace, display
values, and set break points.
Start RAD Debugger
1. Click Window > Show View > Other > HP Service Manager Administrator > RAD
Debugger.
The RAD Debugger command window opens.
2. Type the desired command followed by a parameter.
3. Press Enter.

t (trace) Turns tracing on or off ::
Tracing allows you to see every panel that the RAD flow
encounters. Use the command by itself to display the status of the trace function.
t on
t off

--------
Here you can get which rad and panel is calling and it lists the objects calling.

Type help in RAD debugger for more commands.

hth,

Micro Focus Expert

Piku's right. Not much on rad debugger but you can get similar info from the debugging parameters like RTM:3. For more info on how to read RTM outout, download and read the Service Manager Diagnostics and Tuning guide.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Kut,

Also want to say that you should go through the Documents Engine guide of SM first, it will helps you to understand the system architecture.
That guide is very good, search forum for same.

hth,

One thing to keep in mind is that the RAD debugger will not show JavaScript processing: to trace JavaScript you need to use a browser debugging console (IE8 and higher, chrome, FF all offer one), but that will not debug RAD.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks to all.

could you please tell me when i search for configuration items, which process is called first and then next?

like for incidents its cc.search i cannot see am.search

I saw something like am.search.init

Can you explea what is am.search.init and am.search? what is the difference and how its called when i execute a search for configuration items.

i wan to know all the process in a sequential order while i execute a search for CI's

regards,

kut

Sreek
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

For distinguish the am.search.init and am.search. The am.search.init is the process that is called when you search the CI and the am.search is the display screen name of the form Search CI.

When you search for a CI, the process am.search.init will be called to run first, then it will proceed the search fucntion and get all the records in the database.

Thank you and best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to make slight correction in above,

am.search.init' : is process
am.search : display screen only

'am.search.init' Process will be called when you click on search CI menu link. This process got executed while opening any form having display screen attached as 'am.search', not when click on search button after filling info.

Also I have mentioned in another thread there is no separate process for searching device, like Change and interaction records . It is totally controlled by RAD, seems because of involvement of join files here.

You should also go through document engine guide , this will make your all concepts clear.

hth,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.